Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsrd View Post
BTW,

I might need some help from you..

I have stock stereo system in my car, and how could I just leave it like that..
I have ordered a full Logic7 set (including amps) to retrofit in my car.
Apologies in taking the time to respond.
So you are adding L7 amp to your CIC.
As you know that L7 amp takes the signal via most loop, and output is through wiring to the drivers / speakers, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Quote:
(I had bought the xd600/6 and the Jenherts xe200, but they were very costly to what O could get this L7 system for.. )

Anyway, this kit is for the e93, and my car is e92, and so it is missing the rear shelf speakers..

So,
1. How would it affect the L7 imaging if I do not install the rear shelf speakers?
That is not a problem. Your HU is coded for E92 and that is what retains the information for DSP settings and not the amplifier. So CIC will be sending the settings of E92 to the amp and not of E93.
All you need to do is to see how you can add the rear tweeters. Possible DIY?

Quote:
2. Is there a way to run a 20Amp fused wire from the JBE? or is it easier to tap directly into the battery?
Not sure if you are talking about the permanent power or remote wire. IF it is permanent wires, use the direct power from the battery.
I have not looked at the wiring of L7, but if it has remote wire, then use the battery for 12V source.

Quote:
3. Where to get those 'spades' to re-enable the fronts once the subs are disconnected?
Female clip going to underseat
61136984750 plastic trim (2 of these, one for left and other one for right)
61138364838 female pin (4 of these, a pair going to the above part number)
Run new wirings for the under seats.

Male clip going to car side harness (to bridge the connector)
61136901731 Plastic trim (2 of these, again one for left and one of the left, and this goes to the wires coming from the car)
61138364835 male pin (8 of these, 2 pairs for each of the above part number, as see the photo in my audio thread how you should bridge them).

P.S: Only applicable, if you have LCI car and has connector to the under seats with 4 wires.

Hope that helps.