09-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #39
rogerdiaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by moejav View Post
I was told after having my cylnder head cleaned and replacing the intake manifold that I may have to replace all 6 injectors, I'm already paying $5500 out of pocket to fix the carbon buildup and now I have to pay another $2500 for new injectors, when I asked if we could test them and replace the bad injector(s) with a flow bench I'm told no way to test, have to replace all 6 at $400 - $500 each, and was told that they would try to work with the injectors on the car already, they test drove 70 miles and gave it back to me, I paid $5505 and drove 39 miles and the engine failed. They say (bmw dealership that performed the work, the bmw store in cincinnati, ohio) that it was the #6 injector that failed dumping fuel into the cylinder and causing a hydro-lock, bent rod, cracked block and now I need a new motor. $16,000 - $17,000
In my car there was nothing wrong with the injectors or engine. Its the DDE. Call BMW NA. I had all my injectors replaced. problems continued. Had engine replaced. problems continued. DDE replaced. problems gone....so far
Appreciate 0