View Single Post
      02-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #11
wayne71
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalters View Post
Problems really have got worse now. As I was driving today the engine has gone BANG and there is a big hole in the side of the block. for a 2007 model with 51k on the clock, this is hardly the long service life of an engine i'd expect from any car let alone a BMW.

Needless to say Im a very unhappy person at the moment, especially since this comes just after yesterday when I received a reply to my letter to BMW customer services pleading for help, only to be told "take it to a dealer". That infuriated me even more as i'd already explained in my letter that the main BMW dealer couldnt find a fault!

Now that the car is basically scrap, im thinking of having it trailered to BMW sytner in sheffield and parking outside with spray writing on the side - "DO NOT BUY BMW"!!!
Jesus that's a nightmare, I take it there is no extended warranty on it? Did you get it serviced at BMW? I would be on the phone to BMW UK first thing Mon morning and see what they suggest before taking any drastic action, be polite but firm and let it be known you will not be fobbed off.
Appreciate 0