View Single Post
      07-23-2007, 07:54 AM   #19
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

I find it funny how some of you are not happy at the way BMW is dealing with this. They are not stupid, they know prolonging this will hurt their sales in the future, they didn't become this rich by being this stupid. I'm sure they are finding a solution to this problem, a recall will surely be made, but how are they going to do it without the parts? Your dealership is the one taking care of you.

BMW will issue a recall once they have this part mass produced, and it takes over a year for them to issue a recall on a car. the 01 M3's had the same problem with their rod bearings, it took over a year for that to be recalled as well.

Complain to your dealership if they are not taking care of you,

Mine treated me very well, i took the car in, they give me a loaner of choice, in my case i got another 335i to drive and to rack up miles on, took it to a couple road trip.

in the meantime my car sits in the garage awaiting the fuel pump, it doesn't rack up mad miles that i drive and depreciate, got money back from BMWNA, i got my 200 dollar back for my alignment done, and is waiting for my extra front lip which i don't need but they are willing to give me.

First year production car will always have problems, we are the guinea pigs, they are still testing and tuning the engine and its components. Either learn to live with it, or wait a few years and buy the car.

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0