12-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #1037
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd View Post
I just did the retrofit as well, here is a brief overview...

I bought a system on eBay from a Lithuanian seller. It included everything necessary for the upgrade. I was promised a US version CIC but received a euro version with the excuse being a shipping mixup. I specifically wanted the US version for HD radio and US maps. Delivery was prompt and well packaged.

The install on my 08 328XI took longer than I thought although if I ever did another one it would be a breeze.

Coding was done by BMWretrofit. Vlad is very accommodating and easy to work with. I was disappointed when as first approached Patrys but he declined to help and told me he only codes cars if you buy his equipment. I would highly recommend you contact Vlad at BMWretrofit if you need coding.

The coding went well however we couldn't get my BMW assist to work, apparently the software in my TCU needs updating.

I'm just waiting for my emulator to arrive after which I will install US maps. Vlad read my CIC's VIN so I can order an map FSC.

Cost when completed will be approx $2100.
Congrats

I am sure it was worth upgrading to the CIC. I just added the Combox to my CIC and upgraded it to the 2011 version and I love it even more

For your and everybody else information, the price is good cause it does not include the OEM activation of the Navigation.
I keep saying that but it's important to understand the difference even though I am also offering this cheaper aftermarket solution.

Just research it as much as you can before you make a decision if you want to go for a more expensive OEM solution or a cheaper aftermarket one, which in fact is tampering of the CAN communication between the CIC and the rest of the car.
Appreciate 0