View Single Post
      01-13-2019, 11:20 AM   #119
Isaiah5411
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 328i E93

While I'm waiting for the body parts...

I did an install of the new Mophie Qi car charger, which charges the iPhone and Mophie Juice Pack through the case. I custom mounted the Mophie charger to a Scosche magnetic mount (the older style of the one on the right) using a single screw and 3M double sided tape. Rock solid! (I'll provide the details if anyone is interested).

I used to have two of the Scosche magnetic mounts on each side, which would hold the iPad mini in place and can still swap the new Mophie mount out for another Scosche mount when I want to do that. (See previous posts for iPad mini mount https://bit.ly/2SU5axO ). The one on the right mostly serves to hold my girlfriend's phone. I have a lightning cord coming from/thru the center console (and into the cigarette tray area) in order to charge any other iPhone/iPad in the car.

YES....the dash trim has suffered over the past 10 years. Thankfully, the trim pieces are cheap and WILL be replaced as part of Sapphire's 10th birthday facelift.

"O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires." (Isaiah 54:11)

Last edited by Isaiah5411; 01-13-2019 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0