Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Rubbing is normal on this spot on most cars. It's annoying because the qtr panel is super strong and stiff compared to the front fenders. What a lot of people do is relocate the bumper screw/tab and move it further back so when they pull their fender, they can match the bumper so it doesn't look tweaked.

OP: I would cut only in the areas that you need to. If you're rubbing, look under the wheel wells where you can see noticeable 'blank rubbed off' spots. Use a box cutter to cut out those spots so the tire has room to jump in. I wouldn't remove the entire liner unless you really needed to. Dirt, debris, rain etc. will get caught up in there and get into areas of your car you don't want it to get. Cutting out only the necessary small spots minimizes this. Try not to leave flimsy flaps in there either. During the hot seasons, it might get heated up and start to sag then rub onto the tire. Happened to me and I regret removing the entire liner.

I removed the screw so that I can push out the edge of the rear bumper to line it up with the flared edge of the fender. My only concern is that my buddy who does rolls said he's not sure if he'll be able to roll all the way to the corner and flare the edge of the fender out. He said the edge of the fender looks like it can't be pushed out... did you manage to get yours to flare out a bit?

As for the fender liner, what I would do is cut a hole in the liner, stick in double sided tape and tape the liner right up against the wall of the fender and then tape over the hole as well... this should be enough to hold the fender liner out of the path of your tires.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0