Major nutz
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 n54 e92xi, 6mt, kw v3

Garage List
2009 335xi  [8.89]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raceyBMW View Post
Honestly, they don't look that terrible Alex (in your original pic). The N54 tends to wear plugs a little different than in previous cars because of the direct injection.
Interesting and thanks for the pic. I only say I am moving up to 10k because I had been getting a "silent" limp mode: no turbos and severe reduce of power - seems like more than just a full waste gate bypass - and yet no codes were thrown. It only happens during highway cruising (low load) with a warm/hot (i.e. normal operating temperature) engine. WTH? I realize there are other threads on this and need to read more. I do have Procede IV but I have been running it in "bypass/off/map0" mode or whatever Vishnu calls it, i.e. "stock", for like the last 4 months. So maybe changing the plugs is not the answer to that problem, but I am going to start there (next stop removing Procede all together). Besides I have changing plugs down to 20 minutes even with a quick vacuum to get dirt/soot out after you take out the old plug. 10 minutes for plugs #1-#4, 10 minutes for #5 and #6.

Last edited by IN54NITY; 07-02-2014 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 0