View Single Post
      05-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #207
instigat0r
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi coupe

I’m using the pro kit for a 328i sport coupe, part number 2091.140. I thought this would be the closest fit for my xi. Here’s the only picture I have comparing the front springs. Wish I had a better one. The Eibach spring is on the right. To me its hard to tell but I would guess they’re pretty close to same size? Maybe pro kit even longer? Shouldn’t they be noticeably lower/shorter? The stock spring on the right is labeled i2.

And I see what you’re saying about me using the pro kit made for the lighter non xi 328, and how that should have exaggerated the drop even more than the suggested 1.4 inches. So now I’m scratching my head a little on this too. BTW, I did check and make sure the part numbers were correct before I installed them.

Next weekend I’m going to install the HD’s on the rear with the pro kit springs and see if I get a similar non-lowering effect. If I do get a big drop in the rear, then maybe there is something wrong with my front install? If I don’t get much of a drop, then maybe it’s the HD’s reducing my drop? The good thing is I enjoy working on my car and don’t mind if I have to things over again or try different spring combo’s. I read about how you have the zsp’s on the rear of your car before I bought the pro kit and was initially looking for them but couldn’t find any below d6.

Question about settling. Will driving more help settle the car faster? Or is it just a time thing? I take public transportation all week to work and only drive about 5-15 miles on the weekend. Could be waiting a while for this to settle. Might be time for a road trip!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0