View Single Post
      11-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #15
luckyu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 1998 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjollnir19 View Post
man this is so confusing...now should i ditch my set up then?? idk what to do... i def want the m3 suspension kit... but since my bmw performace set-up isn't gonna work... what should i get... i want to keep it as oem as possible.. but the new BMW performance suspension kit is out of my range... damn...
Wait, you have the old performance kit?? I'm still confused what you have installed on your car now, what you have in your garage, and what your priorities are...

EDIT: All right I went back to re-read your first posts, so, I think to keep it factory it's best to install the performance kit shocks, but not the springs. It's still a good idea in my personal opinion to use the shorter bump stops, but it's your call. If you install the M3 arms, you may experience too much harshness from the 19s.

EDIT (cont.): the reason I say not the springs, is because the old version kit was not designed to be used with the springs.

If your budget is above $2000, and your priority is to get an M3 feel from your suspension, then... click my signature.

If your budget is below $2000, and you'll be happy with a smoother, slightly stiffer ride, I say get a set of Bilstein HDs to match with your ZSP springs.

If you're looking for a way to install what you've already got, and/or keep it as factory as possible -- nothing wrong with that -- then it kind of depends what you have. Do you have the yellow performance springs?

In any case those 19s are going to be a problem, especially with M3 control arms.
2007 328i ZSP. M3 suspension: custom valved Bilstein shocks, Hyperco race springs, M3 lower control arms front and rear, M3 sway bars, and M3 subframe bushings. E46 front guide supports. Euro tail lights.

Last edited by luckyu; 11-28-2011 at 02:52 PM..
Appreciate 0