Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch Kit @ Top Gear Solutions

Hey Folks,

Just wanna give a special thanks to all those parties involved in helping me make my decision (Jeff, Ivo, Dzenno) in buying a Spec Stage 2+ clutch kit. They put up with my compulsive need to ask questions and get as much info as possible considering the many mixed reviews I read on Spec. They also steered me in the right direction in terms of my goals, which this clutch seemed to fit the profile best; price was also a factor. Once it's shipped and brought back over here I'll be getting it installed with my machined DMFW.

My goals were to have a clutch to replace OEM (mine is slipping) and prepare care for sale, but at the same time to prepare for the possibility that I get indecisive and decide to be greedy and keep the car lol.
-it had to be DD friendly and drive like a normal clutch (as much as possible)
-hold potential 600-700hp for any future goals should i keep that car
-as little chatter as possible; it's an E93 and I hate excessive noises on a DD
-grab aggressively for my 4-5x/yr of 1/4 mile use so I can get into the 12's on FBO lol

For now, I'm looking for a bit more info. to prepare for install so it goes as smooth as possible without bugging these guys anymore
-are there any extras that come in the kit for the install; if not,
-what are the extras that I need to buy?

For example, I heard that people go out and buy OEM release bearing, tranny bolts, clutch bolts and a bunch of other little things that are apparently not in the kit. Should I change out the tranny fluid as well?

I'd appreciate if some of the experts could chime in on what other parts I need necessary to make this install go off without a hitch!
-please list part names and stock#'s if possible

Thanks!!

Last edited by Zebra99; 11-25-2012 at 07:40 PM..
Appreciate 0