View Single Post
      01-23-2008, 12:16 PM   #187
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMachine View Post
Again you are reading too many car magazines who jump out to criticize Chris Bangle when the newer generations of BMW come out. Can't think for yourself, can you?
First of all I think its pretty amusing that you come into an E90 forum and make a statement about the E60 being better than the E90 and now you are getting defensive with me for my rebuttal. Can't think for myself? Dude, listen to yourself. Just because I don't agree with what is a controversial statement at best in the context of this forum, I can't think for myself? LOL, come on man. Please tone the ego down a notch.

Do you see the other comments responding to you in this thread? People agree with me here. If you want validation why not just get it from the E60 forums? You aren't going to convince many E90 drivers here that the E60 is "a much better design" than the E90. And that was all I stated from the beginning. It looks like I might have been right, no?

Quote:
Anyway, Chris Bangle is doing just fine as the director of BMW design, and BMW is doing better than ever. The original 7 series tail is a bit weird, but the current 5 series is widely accepted the best in its category, notably for those who want to purchase a vehicle in the executive car class.
Great, but irrelevant. We were discussing the car's appearance only, and your opinions on that. Nothing more. As I've already said the E60 is a fine car other than the aesthetics and it will probably be even better next generation.

Quote:
Design language is a matter of personal opinion. I personally love the 5 series and it's gratifying to see one in the garage everyday.
Great. And I love my cars too. Never had the urge to go into a 5 series forum and claim state that the design is much better than those cars though.

Quote:
Mark my words, the e90/91 tail light will see some change. there's a reason the e92/93 don't use the same weird shape.
No one doubts they will change. That's blatantly obvious from the spy pics. Just don't count on them looking like the E92/E93.

Quote:
F10 is two years away. Have you seen it?
Nope, just spyshots and artists impressions. Never claimed to though. How 'bout you?
Appreciate 0