View Single Post
      04-12-2015, 12:07 AM   #197
NBTBRV8
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCi E60 530i

An update:
I took the car to the dealers and they said that they checked the wiring and came to the conclusion that more than likely it was a faulty passenger's seat module. I thought this would be really unlucky to have a brand new module fail, but I ordered a new one and I still have the same fault, the car won't recognise it as being plugged in.

I have double checked all the circuits for continuity from the JBE or fuse box to the plugs that plug in to the seat module itself. I have also checked the seat heating elements for continuity, the power supply and the earth, all are ok.

So I am at a loss, the only thing I will say is that the blu/wht can wire from the JBE to the module doesn't seem to have any electrical signal that I could pick up, but the other can wire seemed to have constant power. I also ran a switch test in the DIS to check the button and that worked fine.

I am changing my JBE next weekend and will code that in to the car to see if that makes a difference, but at this point there is some electronic fault that won't allow the car to see the SMBF passenger seat module.

The other thing I guess is that the module is too new for my old SSS software, so it doesn't recognise it when looking for it to code. However if that was the case I should still be able to see it in the DIS when I go to manually operate the module, but I can't. So I am not convinced it is a coding issue.

If the new JBE doesn't fix it, it will be back in to the dealers again for an in depth investigation.
Appreciate 0