09-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
Why would i take it out? Im out of warranty. Just want to know it they can check for codes without out a problem if i leave it on map 5.
Even more of a reason to remove it. If you have a problem they will bill you for the removal of your device just so they can test the car and fix the problem. Dealers normally wont try and fix a car with a tune because their is always a chance that the tune is the problem. You also run the risk of paying for them to fix the problem and their result is removing the JB4 fixed the problem, billed you and sent you on the way.

Then when you come back they claim its a different problem and bill you again. Unless you have extra $$$ to waste. Since your out of warranty you can leave bolts on's like DCI, intercooler, exhaust ect... on the car, but a tune is such a big change that a dealer most likely wont trouble shoot a car with it, unless the dealer is extra greedy then they will bill you for numerous amounts of hours trying to figure out your tuner and the car.

You can switch it to map zero, but if the shop accidentally changes your map then it can screw it all up costing you more. A 20min uninstall is worth it, unless you really do have extra $$ then set it to map 0 and go in.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0