01-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
BaseM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey M3

BMW performance suspension questions

Hello everyone:
I am new to this board but have owned BMW's for over 30 years (showing my age here) starting with the original 320i, e30 318i, e36 325i, e36 M3 (preserved in my garage) and e60 545i.
Have recently purchased a 08 335i with the sport package. Along with it came a performance suspension kit, I believe it's the "old version". The kit has the shocks and hardware but no springs or sway bars, although it has the rubber sway bar supports.
I've done searches on the boards but have not found the answers to the following:

1) Apparently this kit is designed to work with the sport (ZSP) springs. Will it lower the car any? I really want to keep it the same height for clearance getting in and out of my steep driveway to prevent scraping the front and rear end.

2) Are there sway bars supposed to be with this kit since it has the rubber supports, Or which ones should I purchase to reduce body roll, although there seems very little with the SP suspension?

3) How much difference in ride stiffness? Anything near the e36 M3? I've read on the boards that there is very little difference from the OEM sport suspension. Should I even go through the trouble of installing it if there's no difference?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0