Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Did you actually have this problem? I don't think I do, but am going to try and come up with some story so I can get it. Seems like if my car is only a week old I should get the latest version - at least thats what I think.
I do...but not all of the time. If I am getting directions to a particular destination...it will work, depending on the setting that the right panel is set to. For example...if you highlight the right panel, and press down on the idrive...you can change what is being displayed. If I select map view..to either current location. It will work with no problems. It will tell me where I am with long/lat for the most part. But when I need to make a left, take an offramp..etc, a pop up arrow menu comes in. It will tell you to turn or whatever in 1 mile, then 0.8....0.7..etc.

If however I am in some of the other settings....NO ARROWS! And since I turn off the navigation voice (irritates the heck out of me!)...I have to keep looking at the screen. And, at times...I have missed an offramp, or a turn because I did not realize that it was coming up. All I notice is the Nav recalculating! At first, I thought I was just being careless. But then I realized it was happening occasionally...because I do change what is on the right panel all of the time.

See here...another member noticed this as well some time ago.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36523