03-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #22
Murph5000
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 330i!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanize View Post
How dare you post a dirty car!

This is awesome though man! Seriously got me considering this, just need to find a 330i manifold now! Did you order yours or find a used one?
Yeah, I know, I'm embarrassed - I wanted to clean it but with timing with work - I worked til 9:30 the night before and had to leave at 3AM the next day to make it to Miami to make the appointment so I was wiped out! Sebring didn't help me recover, either.

As for the manifold - I sourced mine from a salvaged Z4 3.0Si (06 or 07, I think - buddy helped me find one) that had the engine replaced from water damage. However, as for the hoses - I bought all of those new from the dealership. With the CCA discount I think it was around $100? I'll have to dig up the post but some people here have found the intake manifolds through a car parts recycling site which is a good idea. Honestly, I'm glad I didn't spend $1k on new parts for this mod - all in I probably spent $200 - $300 on parts for the manifold.

I believe on other threads people showed all of the part numbers which confused me at first until I realized that the actuators and adjusters are already on the 330i (or Z4/X3 3.0Si) manifold - they're just built into the intake. Once I realized that, it was just the hoses and gaskets I needed to buy. I would recommend getting the manifold first - then evaluating what hoses you need. My sourced manifold came with an oil separator on it which I didn't need so Active removed it but I may have bought the wrong hose because of the ports on the back of the manifold. Active used my old hoses and made a workaround by just capping off one of outlets that wasn't needed as the 328i N52's have the oil separators built into the crank case but I do think there is a more appropriate hose for this - I just need to source one and install it at a later date.
Appreciate 0