View Single Post
      08-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
Carl Morris
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6MT

IMO it's running really well so far. I kept adding timing until I started getting real knock and then I backed off a bit. I'm running basically all the boost the stock turbos will give me. I never was able to hit the Stage1+ load targets, though, so my load target map is unmodified from that OTS map if I'm remembering correctly.

At this point I need to give the usual disclaimers. This would be considered a very aggressive map by Cobb OTS standards. I've run it through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, but have not made a full quarter mile pass yet, let alone run hard in a road course type of environment. For that reason I wouldn't recommend anybody use it for anything over a 1/4 mile at full throttle and even for that I'd recommend logging and not using it if you're not comfortable with anything you see. I also have a 6MT and have no idea what will happen on an automatic car. I was very aggressive in reducing how much timing got pulled at higher CATs, but put some of that back in after my hot weather testing. It's still less than OTS to take advantage of the E85. In hot weather it starts to pull some timing in 3rd gear after being at WOT through 1st and 2nd.

Having said all that, I can't really meet in the next couple of days, but I'd be happy to email the file if you want to take a look at it. I'm on the I8AOS code...are you?
Appreciate 0