View Single Post
      01-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #93
fredy3330
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 -n46

Thanks Tinkerman For all These Info.
I Just Want To Add Some More From My Experience.
Bmw Manual Says Before Programing The Battery Must Be Fully Charged. This Means With Power Supply (not Battery Charger), Adjusted To 14.4 Volts You Must Not Have Power Draw(amps) More Than 1.5a. When I Started Upating Jbbf81 I Had 0.8a Draw. It Took 2 Minutes To Update And The Maximum Reading Was 1.1amp. I Updated Jbbf81 First To Be To The Safe Side Just To Be Sure. Cas And Dme Are The Modules That Can Immobilize The Car. So I Update Jbbf First To Be Sure All Set O.k. Before Proceding To My Target The Cas260 Module.
It Took Five Minutes For The Cas And The Max Power Draw Was 1.0amp. My Power Supply Has 30amp Stabilized Voltage Output. And Maximum Output 35amp. The Most Important Is The Voltage Output To Be Stabilized, So Whatever The Power Draw To Have Always The Same Voltage. It Took Me Two Years To Decide To Update And I Took All The Necessary Precautions. I Had To Update Cas Because Till Now Three Times Immobilezed The Car From The Steering Lock. I Had To Always Cary A Netbook To Unlock The Steering Lock And Keep Driving. Even If You Use Ista-p And Make A Full Update It Will Update The Units One By One. Not All Together So In My Case There Can't Be A Power Draw Of 70amp. To Have So Many Amps You Have To Operate Almost All The Electric Consumers At The Same Time. I Checked All The Outputs From Each Module Of My Car And Ther Isn't Any Module With Total Power Draw Of Its Consumers More Than 25 Amp.
I Think It Is Risky To Update And The Rest Of My Modules To The Same I Level Without Obvious Reason .

Last edited by fredy3330; 01-09-2014 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0