View Single Post
      04-13-2010, 04:36 AM   #368
manypaths
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Titanium Silver 335i

Ok so I am quite concerned with my clutch. It was just replaced, and I continue to smell it burning after I park. What causes this? I will explain how i drive the car and maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

1. I start the car with the clutch to the floor. I begin to give the car gas and slowly release the clutch. Seems that if i release the clutch quickly i either stall or the car hiccups.

2. If I am going from lets say 75 miles an hour to 30 miles an hour. I will be in sixth gear i will slow down till about 40 and then engage the clutch and go into 3rd gear. Is this wrong?

3.When turning i will engage the clutch and release when the turn is over and will be in 2nd gear.

4. If i am going 80 and i see traffic infront of me i simply engage the clutch and coast to the traffic and then put into 1st or 2nd gear when at the appropriate speed. Am i suppose to go from 6th-5th-4th-3rd-2nd.???

07 335i coupe,titanium silver, black dakota leather, sports package, premium package, navi, Ipod, Bluetooth, comfort access, mods coming soon
Appreciate 0