dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Talking Test drive in the Audi R8.

WOW

Test drove the R8 yesterday and what an amazing car it is. It was the same car which i sat in and rev'd to 8k back last year when i went to a launch party.

It had 3k on the clock.

Once again very impressed with the quality and style of the interior. love the old skool gear style package which gave an old skool racer clink is its engaged into any gear

I like traditional analogue speedo's but also liked the digi one in the middle of the dash. (good for when spanking it)

I did giver her a good spanking.. Well into er..., shall we say quickly. (you can imagine) but luckily i was on a private stretch of land and i was always under the speed limit.

The sound was fantastic, it low revs from pulling away gentle sounds a bit zingy, but i liked it... mid range sounds deep and mean and when at full bore sounds like any BIG V8 should. A RIGHT HOWLING BRUTE

The ride is what i found SIMPLY amazing, How can a supercar ride sooooo well.. Amazing.. didnt really feel any bumps or anything. Just a smooth ride.

The straightline punch was pretty awesome to, form 6k above she really comes alive to approx 8.2k ish.

Definately made me forget my dislike for 4wd machinery as it definately didnt seem lacking in the accelerative department. I would imagine this would be the same performace as the E92 M3 (Similar power, similar weight etc) But maybe the M3 pulling away slightly top end?

I can only imagine what an M5, M6 go like, must drop this for dead, especially considering Autocar timed a M5 touring faster

The next car i will need to drive will be the E92 M3 then an M5 or 6 fo sho

Last edited by dxb335d; 01-26-2008 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 0