View Single Post
      10-10-2008, 01:45 AM   #46
Izzman7995
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouphidelt View Post
So, let me get this straight. You work these events without a contract? Because you sure as hell aren't old enough to enter into a binding agreement with anyone. And if you are working these events sans contract, then you had better remedy that situation, and fast, before someone takes you to the cleaners for not covering your ass.

And just a little legal education for you. In the state of California, minors between the ages of 14-15 are only allowed to work a maximum of 3 hours a day on weekdays, and 8 on a non-school day, never to exceed 18 in any given week, and only between the hours of 7am to 7pm. The pm deadline is extended between June 1st and labor day to 9pm, and a child is allowed to work 40 hours when school is not in session. Minors under 13 are forbidden from holding a "job" in the state of California, and minors between 14 and 17 must obtain a work specific permit from the state before beginning any job.

So, lets say that you do work as a DJ. You would have had to make approximately 51,000.00 (to cover your tax bracket, which is 9.3%) in one year to purchase a BMW and pay tax, tag and title costs (a little under 5,000.00 by a rough estimate). Lets just say that you did work all 18 possible hours that you could during school, plus all possible hours between June 1st and Labor Day. That would total 520 hours of work during the summer, and 702 hours of work during the school year for a total of 1222 work hours. You would have to have earned over 40.00/hr. Forgive me, but I am having a little bit of trouble believing that a 14/15 year old made 4X the California minimum wage.

Not to mention the cost of purchasing all the DJ equipment and paying for the mods that you want/have.

Enjoy the car man, no matter how you got it. Don't become a statistic. Its a lot of HP for a new driver to control, no matter how mature and savvy he (or she) claims his/her business decisions are.
I make 250+ an hour, i work for 4-15 hours a week, usually 3 jobs a month, that's around 3000 a month average... i'm done explaining thank you for the good luck and concern with my legal situation, but i wouldn't lie, i'm not petty..
Appreciate 0