View Single Post
      12-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #28
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ign335i View Post
While that may be true on a flash tune, I don't think it is necessarily so on the JB4 with autotuning and learned values. I guess my point was that below 15psi, no matter the map, I'd probably prefer DPs unless I was somewhere very hot. Just for reference I have an fmic and no dps, so I really don't have a horse in this race lol.
Without some hard data I feel anyone would just be guessing. As mentioned previously from me and others the stock intercooler is inefficient even on stock boost.

I had downpipes before an intercooler on this car, but I also ran meth injection for several years, so heat soak wasn't as much of an issue, but still something to consider in terms of improving all around efficiency.

Depending on your elevation, temps, humidity, and heat soak there could be a significant gain of an intercooler, and even more for back to back pulls.

There is nothing special about a Cobb flash stage 1 VS a JB4, it's just the tuning within to optimize the performance of your modifications. IF you optimize the JB4 tune or optimize the COBB tune, you are going to land your power extremely close.

There is no magic tune or magic power found, generally speaking.

Boost is boost
Ignition is Ignition
Fuel is Fuel

Appreciate 0