SaviorXi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamm1 View Post
I come from a Subby background as well and these are some very impression numbers for a Stage 1 tune. I looked at some of your other posts and (correct me if I am wrong) but it appears that you are running the "Stage 1 93 Octane v2.02, with throttle map v2"?

Cobb just recently released a new map revision, 2.03. This map has some updates specific for AT equipped vehicles that includes reverting the rev limiters back to stock settings and revising torque reduction logic. This was done to "eliminate the "rough shift" and poor shifting experienced during full throttle driving and shifting at redline".

If you take a look at the map notes for v2.03 it appears that Cobb has also downgraded the power output for AT equipped vehicles using the Stage 1 map. The MT Stage 1 v2.03 maps show an approximate power increase of 30% HP / 38% lb-ft over stock. But the AT Stage 1 v2.02 maps show an approximate power increase of 24% HP / 35% lb-ft.

Have you experienced these "shift issues"?

Do you plan on upgrading to the v2.03 or v3.00 (which I think has the same perimeters as v2.03 but works with the new firmware update) maps?

Looking at drag times posted on this forum it appears that AT equipped cars are posting better numbers. I am curious if the power reduction in the v2.03/ v3.00 maps will now result in slower times for those with ATs and change this dynamic?
At the time I took it to the track I am really not sure what map revision I was using. For some reason I think it was V 2.01 It was not a v2 since I dont like the dull pedal/ acceleration feel. I don't think V 3.0 maps have any performance enhancements. I think it just added more logging capability. I have recently updated to the stage 1 V2.03 map and it feels ok to me. I have since upgraded my suspension and wheels/tires so I hope to get to the track in september. I did not notice the power reduction in the notes for 2.03 but I am interested to see how that changes the track times.
Appreciate 0