02-22-2013, 06:16 AM   #16
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
CQuartz Finest as it is called can only be apply by an authorized installer/detailer. The formula used is stronger and flashes much quicker than CQuartz. It works best in the hands of a pro because of the prep work that has to be done prior to the coating. Once the coating has cured, you can only remove it with compounding so the paint has to be almost flawless prior which equates to many hours of machine paint corrections and polishing. The paint also has to be clean and bare to ensure proper bonding. For this process, most detailers would chemically clean the paint after the final polishing stage.

The purpose of the coating is to protect what's underneath. The gloss you see is from the paint corrections process (hours and hours of work).
+1 Kevin had to keep my car over night, I dropped it off 10am Monday and picked it up Tuesday at 1pm, it is a long process but worth it.

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0