View Single Post
      09-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

How to fix P420 & P430 codes......

So here's the run down on what happened. I took out my PROcede to take the car into the dealership to get a new fuel pump. After picking up the car on my way home, literally 10 min after driving out of the dealership, I get a 'half engine' light. I-Drive says 'engine malfunction, reduced power'. But I'm not losing any boost or performance(as far as I can tell from my butt dyno, don't have a boost gauge).

Restarted the car and it came back 5 min later. Read the code and it said P420 & P430, something about the catt efficiency is below threshold on bank 1 & 2. This happens every 10 min or so here on after. The last time I got these codes where when I first put in my catless DPs with O2 SIM, and that was about a year ago.......And also before when I got this code, it didn't give me the 'half-engine' light, instead it just gave me a SES light.

I've searched and read the thread regarding this fix, it was something sold in South Africa. It looked like a spacer that pulled the O2 sensors on the DPs out of the way of the gas stream or something like that. But it cost like $350 installed or something ridiculous.

Has anyone else found a solid fix for this? Could it be a bad O2 SIM? I have RR O2 SIM.....

Any input or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

TIA

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0