View Single Post
      04-15-2010, 12:04 AM   #54
SR|RED
Private
Rep
Drives: 92' 180SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellipsis212 View Post
doesn't all of this just mean that you'll be where all the 330 drivers are now? wanting the force-fed engine?
This is the breakthrough all of us e90 drivers... I bought the car thinking it would be easy to do after reading the Turner Motorsports Article. But that literally just vanished off their site, I'm assuming because it didn't work...

For me right about 250hp is the sweet spot. Until the E90 I was running 12psi of boost on a 180SX pushing about the same amount of power. If the E90 runs as quick as my 180SX stock I will be delighted.

Being under 25 I haven't seen a break in my insurance yet... the 325i was my only real option in terms of overall affordability. Netting a 40hp gain on a N/A engine for less than $2K is nothing short of amazing. Well I guess to say gain would be wrong, but rather recuperate lost power.

A 255HP daily driver that sips fuel, has all you creature comforts, and doesn't compromise on sportiness... This is almost the perfect car for me.

The biggest downfall of this car was it's lack of power. A lot of people might still consider the 330's pretty slow, but for me it's just about enough to keep me satisfied. I will still complain about the interior which I think is worse than the E46's... the clutch throw and feel, and worst of all the cup holders... But as long as I'm smiling when my foot is down it's all good.

Regarding the FI, I completely agree with Marcello. All of his points, and on top of that the ridiculous cost. With the 335's out, it almost makes no sense.
Appreciate 0