10-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
My E92 Mods - with pics!

I’ve been lurking here for a while and felt it was about time I did a quick ‘build thread’ on my car. Well, not so much a build thread as the finished article actually. I know you guys love pics, so here we go:

Car as purchased: E92 MSport Coupé in Sparkling Graphite with 3.0litre direct injection N53 engine and 6-speed manual transmission. Notice bling chrome grille (yuk); gap between tops of tyres and wheelarch (too big) and awful pre-LCI offset of the rear wheels (buried inside the arches).

Name:  Orig.jpg
Views: 22382
Size:  232.2 KB

OK, mods in no particular order. Front end: BMW Perf grille; Lamin-X on fogs; Cyba scoops (in black, so you probably can’t see them – and except on the Autobahn they’re a waste of money anyway); 10 mm spacers.

Name:  Front.jpg
Views: 7770
Size:  281.8 KB

Rear end: SSDD CF diffuser; M3 bootlid spoiler; BMW P/exhaust; notice wider track with 15mm spacers.

Name:  Rear.jpg
Views: 18144
Size:  244.7 KB

Name:  Rear 2.jpg
Views: 9732
Size:  197.9 KB

Side: Lowered with Ohlins Road & Track with non-RFTs and spacers. Couldn't go much lower without smashing the underside of the front bumper on speed bumps. How those guys in the US who ‘slam’ their E92s manage to drive, I don’t know…

Name:  Side.jpg
Views: 6309
Size:  261.0 KB

Others: Lamin-X on repeaters and chrome indicators in headlights (avoiding reduced illumination from headlights themselves).

Name:  Ind lens.jpg
Views: 6020
Size:  202.6 KB

Name:  Repeater.jpg
Views: 5841
Size:  159.8 KB

Ohlins R&T:

Name:  Ohlins.jpg
Views: 5757
Size:  194.7 KB

P/Exhaust:

Name:  Perf Ex.jpg
Views: 5861
Size:  165.2 KB

LED Angels:

Name:  LEDs.jpg
Views: 6173
Size:  181.1 KB

Best two mods? The P/E and the Ohlins by a country mile.

For the future? The car’s just about how I want it TBH. I’ve considered an M3 front ARB, but for road use, I’m very happy with the improvements in handling from the Ohlins kit, so probably won’t bother. Likewise I’d considered strut and chassis braces, but the MSport already has pretty good OEM bracing, so probably not worth the money. For the same reason I’m reluctant to consider a re-map, as the bhp gain per £ spent is really poor with this engine (being non-turbocharged). Only other thing is a set of CSL reps, but I wouldn’t go over 18” as I don’t want to do anything to spoil the fantastic ride quality of the Ohlins.

Hope you like…but all comments welcome.
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0