View Single Post
      10-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #158
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Well I picked my car up today from klosters bmw, and the culprit was apparently a engine mount bolt for the earth strap.

When I questioned what was wrong with the bolt, they tried to explain it had corroded due to the engine mounts being aluminium, but didn't provide a solid explanation (I'm wondering had it just worked loose?) but I guess it could have been worse.

Apparently this component wasn't covered under the BMW select warranty as it's a 'maintenance' item like a brake pad etc, so the bill was $370.

When I got back from picking the car up part of the bill had tow vehicle to dealer (I'm sure this was covered under bmw assist so unsure if they charged me for this) but the worse part was they replaced 3 blown globes @ $18 each which sucks as I have new tailights on the way anyhow and they were all working fine prior!

At the end of the day it could have been a lot worse, but its one expensive bolt!!

So it would be wise for you guys to order in a new bolt (I imagine would be $20 at most!) and replace it next time you're getting a service done!
Appreciate 0