idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200 View Post
No offense man but let's use some logic why you're getting judges so harshly.

1.) These aren't a cosmetic mod where if you go cheap to try something there really isn't any harm

2.) You say its your car and you can do what you want, obviously you're right. But you live in ny, what happens if you hit a pothole at 65mph, blow a
shock and take out someone because of these low quality shocks, and no offense they are low quality at that price point, its not speculation its fact.

3.) You say its only 350 but unless you are doing everything yourself its gonna cost you 500 more for install and alignment. Edit: just saw you are installing yourself.

4.) More than likely you're going to slam the car and I'm guessing you couldnt find a $45 camber kit so you're skipping those. You are going to eat through tires like crazy and there goes another unsafe aspect.

Sorry man, I'm not judging , actually I am but if you can't see why people are being harsh to you then oh well. And about being able to afford asts or some higher quality coils. It's like if you were in hs again and passing up a date with a hot girl with a good personality because you want to give the annoying ugly girl a chance because she might eventually become good looking one day. If you can date the hot girl, why wouldnt you?
1. you can say that about any mod. especially with engine mods. Look how many people put cheap DP, intercoolers, intakes. people get flamed for that. If products are at a higher price doesnt mean they are a better product. people run VSFR because its much cheaper then AR. its just pipes. Now i understand how dangerous it might be but honestly the only way things can go "bad" is if the coils some how explode. You guys make it seem like 1000 dollar coils will last forever.

2. Its not like im aiming for potholes. Yes i do live in new york and the roads do suck. so if anything its a more of a stress test for them.

3. allignment shouldnt be more then 100-120. Which is what i would need if I do any suspension mod. So you cant really say that. In terms of comfort im sure springs and struts will be better and may last longer, but its much more expensive, most are non adjustable and some say its still bouncy, thus people moving onto coils.

4. ahh, another person jumping to conclusions. What do you take me for? lol yeah im just gunna slam my car bro, rub and scrap everywhere cause its cool. No, im going to set it to a reasonable equal height. i have a slight incline on my driveway i need to get up. I like to have my tires intact also. Ill try to post pics on highest and lowest setting. people like to see how low coils can go.

people are talking about dude safety man. why do you guys think im going to do 100 mph, hit a bump, coil "breaks", and somehow I crash. what world do you live in? people drive with blown struts all the time. it doesnt make the car any more undriveable. yeah maybe you shouldnt take corners fast but by no means does it make your car just stranded.

i dont mind the hate at all. its expected. I told everyone that ill tell people what happens. I have no reason to hide it. Ill tell you if the ride is donkey shit, ill tell you if something breaks, ill tell who ever what ever they want to know. For some people it may be pretty cool if these last, give a decent ride, and can lower your car to your liking. you can tell me how bad these are going to be and how much danger im putting myself in, but ill take the risk. same risk of running over a nail on the highway without rft.

wesleys picture is so construed. absolutely no info just a picture of a broken coilover and a crashed car. anything can break when you hit a severe pothole...

Last edited by idrift4wd; 02-15-2013 at 05:42 PM..
Appreciate 0