01-22-2014, 09:36 AM   #9
fastloop
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero2003 View Post
When i last looked, injectors for the 335i are only £120 inc VAT plus circa £10 for the shroud from BMW before negotiating any discount!

EDIT: JEBUS! The new 13538616079 injectors have put the price of injectors back to what they were when the car was new (£212!)! I got a single injector done by BMW about 6 months ago - i assume this was one of the old ones? How long has the 079 injector been around?
Yeah, the new 079 injectors are pricy. My dealer actually got caught out by this, but as I had already paid for the parts they honoured the old price. So they probably took a small loss on this. I did consider if it was worth trying to find another dealer that had old stock, but it would just delay the costs if another failed later. So now I have two used spares for bank 2 in case any of these start to act up. The kit for fitting the PTFE seals are like £67+VAT, so not too difficult to change yourself if you have INPA and a few other tools. You just gotta be careful around the fuel and follow the instructions.