View Single Post
      04-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #128
Turkeybaster115
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbass524 View Post
But you and I have both fender wells full of oil cooler. I think you do.

It's a tiny little bug and it doesn't concentrate on the tranny. I wish Harold would chime in about whether or not he has a radiator that is AT specific with a portion of the cooling taking over what the stock tranny cooler does. I believe AR was or is building one like this, although I notice they took it off of their site recently.

I'm very interested in the 20 x 3 tranny cooler on top of the intercooler. You augment the stock radiator's cooling of the tranny while staying out of its way.

Makes me think about something Hack said "forget about an AT as a track car". I have to agree. With that, I never would have discovered the track without my 335 AT.
The Hack was just being negative, early on in the thread. I was suggesting the OEM radiator, as that adds a decent 0.5L to the stock one, which is cheaper than the AR one which is I think 1 Liter more. I'm trying right now to go the trans cooler route. I have both fender wells free. I retrofitted an ar oil cooler, so its my sits in my front grill. There isn't much room left in front of my radiator, but this cute trans cooler will fit, and is catching my attention right now:
http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?fo...action=product
Appreciate 0