04-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #54
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernster View Post
My friend has the s5 and i have the 335xi. I love my car but love the look of the s5. Everytime we race I woop his ass. Off the line he takes a small lead and then I catch and pass him. Beside all that the S5 interior and out side look are supirior in all aspects. I love the dash and the interior style. If you want to win a race the 335 is tops if you want to have a great solid and modertly fast car get the s5. If I had to choose again I would get the audi! but i still love my 335xi
If you are talking straight line you might be right but not a chance on a race track. Did you see that video from Fifth gear? That was 335 with sport suspension. Your xi doesnt have that and its about 300 lbs heavier than the 335 in the film. My biggest complaint is the overly intrusive traction control. You can hammer the S5 everywhere and it doesnt skip a beat. This 335 is brutal. Every time I go to merge into traffic quickly the traction control shuts everything off. If I disable it I get wheelspin and the car wants to rotate. I came from B7 S4 and wish I had gotten the S5. BMW gave me $7,000 off msrp......too hard to pass up. Thats just my opinion. Everyone has one.
Appreciate 0