View Single Post
      09-06-2007, 10:19 PM   #254
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimmerfacination View Post
I have I guess I few questions that I'm sure have been covered 1000 times but this is a long post and I don't want to read through all of them so any help anyone could give me would be great.

I have read through a lot of these posts and just like with everything else everyone has there own favorite products and I am as unsure of what to use/how to go about detailing my car as I was when I started. To be honest I really don't have 6 hours to devote to detailing my car every couple months so I think I am going to bring it some place to have it done. The most reputable place in my area uses 3M ™ Perfect-It™ III Paint Finishing Line. Can anyone tell me if this stuff is any good, or what it is comparable to, or if you could give me any pointers/tips to pay attention to when deciding where to bring it, and also what I will need to do as far as washing/waxing in between visits to the detailing shop. Thanks so much for your help!!!
The 3M line of polishes are pretty good good. If I were in a pinch, I'd turn to them as my choice of polish at a local store. The best question you can ask is if they use a rotary buffer or a random orbital. If it is a rotary, ask if you can see any work in progress or if they have any references you could contact. If they provide quality work they shouldn't have any problem providing one of the two for you. Poor rotary detailers can leave the finish worse than you brought it to them after any filling products they apply wash out.

Check some detailing forums to see if there are any detailers in your area. Perhaps the Autopia.org regional section.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
george,

thanks for all your very insightful help. ready to place an order, but since i live in ecuador, i have a billing question. kindly look for my PM.

i look forward to ordering, using and enjoying the products u recommended.
thanks again
Great hearing from you, PM replied.

George
Appreciate 0