View Single Post
      10-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #15
Bicax
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335d (E91)

This weekend I've been able to test it more thoroughly, both on highways and windy roads and on D, DS and M.

When you're trying to drive "cool" (on D) the car has the annoying habit of downshifting a lot more promptly if you're not careful when you step on it (even if I was only slightly stepping on it, it would downshift, and that was very uncomfortable I find). When you're more playful or in a hurry, it does allow you to swim through traffic more easily (and by that I don't mean driving dangerously! ), since overall the car feels snappier. So my feelings are quite divided regarding the usefulness of the device.

Regarding the "feel" itself, it's not very nice I find since it only has the same effect as when you press harder on the pedal, so it ends up being quite frustrating (I'm having a hard time describing it, but "frustrating" seems to be a good definition for what I felt).

Overall, is it a nice thing to have? Depending on the situation, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Is it worth the money? In my opinion certainly not. If it was priced at ~100 € maybe, but not at 250 €. But this is a very personal opinion of course.

335dFan, I don't think you'll have any issues on track, you get used to it pretty quickly. Would it help? I would have to try it on track, but on the windy roads it does help a bit since your foot/pedal has to travel less to get the same effect.
Appreciate 0