View Single Post
      06-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Itec
Rep
Drives: E92

iDrive upgrade from Bimmer Retrofit - review

First of all ¡V sorry for my bad English, I am Italian.

Last year on October I did a CCC to CIC exchangement from Bimmer Retrofit and it was fantastic (I have a 2007 E92) and now I just got a Combox Media and BMW apps from them.

Even before I changed the CCC to CIC, I read a lot of comments and reviews on different suppliers and I decided to buy at Bimmer Retrofit. Their high level of professionalism and impeccable customer support instilled confidence. I was not wrong and I was absolutely pleased with the kit and service that I received.

That's how my CCC to CIC installation happened:

1. Kate, Bimmer Retrofit's support agent was very patient and answered many of my questions without hesitation. Before buying I read a lot of forums, and I realized that half of what is out there written by people who are not versed in the subject, and I was very confused. Kate explained everything and I am very grateful to her.

2. The CIC kit was quickly prepared and sent to me. The system was very well packed, all came very quickly and without any damage.

3. Over the weekend, I've set up the system. I have not had much experience in installations of this kind, but I followed the detailed instructions that Kate sent me by email and the installation took 3 hours - no more. I have had problems with the installation of the activation of the module, but I managed to install it on the right-rear of the CIC head unit. Besides - there was no problem during installation.

4. Once installed, it worked, but there was no sound and no DVD in motion. I contacted Kate, and she quickly gave me the appointment for remote coding with Christian, one of the engineers at Bimmer Retrofit. She also sent instructions on how to make a remote connection to the USB K DCAN cable, which was very easy.

5. Christian came on time, but for some reason, USB K DCAN cable, they sent me did not work. The next day, they sent another cable replacement and appointed another time for coding.

6. USB K DCAN cable came next day. Coding took about 30 minutes, during the session, I was in contact with Christian. He explained to me that the sound and DVD in motion did not work immediately because the software from my machine was too old (my dealer did not want to update it), but Christian made everything work without a mistake.

When it came time to put Combox and 6NR, and I would not dream of going to anyone else. I contacted Kate, and she explained to me everything I need to do.

1. My car did not have Bluetooth, so I had to buy a separate set of wires for the Combox (bluetooth antenna + cable, MOST optical wiring, microphone and electrical wiring for Combox).

2. Installation for me was too complicated, so I turned to my friend (very good engineer), and he did it for me. The installation took 6 hours (but this was the first installation for my friend) and he agreed to help for beer ļ

3. After installing, coding was required, which took about 30 minutes (this time with Vlad). At the same time, Vlad coded 6NR activation. This works without any glitches.

I now can use Bluetooth, BMW apps, album art covers, Bluetooth audio streaming and I absolutely love the new system!

Next year I want to put a rear-view camera and change the wheel and I am sure Bimmer Retrofit will be my choice as well!

I want to thank the team of Bimmer Retrofit, and individually Kate, Christian and Vlad for the excellent care and I have no doubt I can recommend them as the best experts!
Appreciate 0