View Single Post
      06-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #20
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otruba_843 View Post
Buy in September or October right after the season ends. I got 3k off of the ski and got the trailer at half price. Just get a standard galvanized trailer. You don't need a fancy trailer for a Jet Ski. The Seadoo I-Catch trailer is a rip off and many skis have fallen off of it. Just rinse the trailer down after every use and keep and eye on the buddy bearings. Don't buy a jet ski without the extended warranty. I paid 16k out the door on what would have costed me around 20k if I had bought it in boat shopping time. After every salt water ride, you want to lightly rinse down the engine, then apply Sedoo XPS spray protectant to all exterior metal surfaces and coat the entire engine with it. This alone will greatly extend the skis life.

The superchargers in the skis right now are great if you keep your ski on a proper maintenance schedule. If you are riding a supercharged ski, just make sure you let off the throttle if you do get the back end out of the water. If you don't do this, over time your supercharger will start to slip and lose some performance. My RXT 260 has never failed me or given me any trouble at all and I ride in the ocean. What was your 0-30 time? I'm getting a 1.7-8 0-30 on my RXT 260 IS. The Seadoo speedo's are now using GPS for speed. I could get my ski up to around 80 with a new ride plate, intake grate, and a tune but the extended warranty is the last thing I want to void.
Never did an accurate measurement of 0-30 other then actually racing other people.

You are right about the new models and the GPS speedo. Those actually say GPS on them too. I was referring to older models.

You are lucky to be able to go in the ocean. For me it's too far of a trip as the nearest inlet is about 30 miles on water.

I wouldn't say the Sea Doo are prone to failure but they dont have the most stellar reputation once they get older. A lot of this could be attributed to poor maintenance for all we know.

I dont think my Ski would do too well at 80 MPH. It's not heavy enough to stay in the choppy waters were I live. There is a guy with a 89.5 MPH GP1300R but he's out in the Bayou or something on the flattest water I've ever seen.
Appreciate 0