02-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #22
AndreyT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
For a 2011 335 xdrive coupe with M-Sport package, you DO get the increased speed limiter. I am looking at my build sheet right now and it has "840 - Increased top speed limiter" on it. Not that I'd ever be able to get to that speed in NJ. But I guess I like to know it's there.
Well, I used to get irritated by that too (got used to it eventually)... When people say that "M-Sport is mostly cosmetic" they actually mean that it is cosmetic compared to Sport package (not to base car). Sport package already includes top-speed limiter and everything else, so M-Sport is indeed just a cosmetic change from Sport.

Of course, if you compare M-Sport to base car, it is not even remotely cosmetic. M-Sport (just like Sport) introduces several significant non-cosmetic changes.

Why some people keep saying that M-Sport is "cosmetic" without explicitly stating that they are comparing it to Sport (as opposed to base car) is not clear to me. Apparently, some people just like to yap away in a forum and don't care whether anyone will understand them correctly.
Appreciate 0