12-10-2007, 07:32 AM   #7
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by EniLab View Post
OMG!!!

This Lehmann guy should definitely stay away from Photoshop! Forever!

What is this? :eyebulge:

The new 8er will be VERY similar to CS Concept (not entirely identical though), with some details quite heavily modified to make the car street ready & functional.

This CGI above is just pure ... c.r.a.p.

And btw, 8er will be positioned above the 7er - while CLS is slotted below S-class. So, the cars won't be in the same segment, and won't be direct rivals.

Regarding flame surfacing: it's staying there. Even more prominent. Even sharper. Yet with less ziggy-zaggy lines as seen on the current cars. The new styling will be more simple, yet sharper - but still full of flame surfacing: convex/concave surfaces separated with sharp creases.
Ok Eni, now tell me what you really think of the photoshop....and don't hold back this time.:biggrin:

Eni has the advantage of having seen the Concept CS in person...and a lot of people who've seen the car after seeing the photos first did a radical 180 degree turn on their opinions....that the CS in person is gorgeous.
One thing I'm really happy to hear from Eni is the continuation of flame surfacing-
I think most car people have made their peace with BMW's path of cutting-edge design that characterizes the personality of BMW's.

Appreciate 0