MaynardZed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spieltag View Post
Coming from a strength and conditioning standpoint, scientifically there is something called peaking and plateuing. When managed right with scietific periodization, you build it into your macro cycles. Find a trainer that knows their shit and you won't plateu. Go into the gym thinking pain is weakness leaving the body and you will hit it. I have had clients that were stuck at 280lb benchpress and they couldn't increase, but address all the factors in their life, (Stress, sleep, cumulative work volume, intensity), as well as creating a solid program for them got them into the 300-400 pound range.

The only thing I agree with in your statement is find a personal trainer... but not just a PT, a strength coach. Or one that has a respected PT certification, not ace, or a crossfit one, but one from NSCA, ACSM, NASM, hopefully with a NSCA CSCS.
It's really the individual you're training with that matters, not the letters behind their name. I mentioned getting personal trainer, but that would be a last resort. Best thing really is to train with someone that you can be competitive with and pushes you (not to mention its free). As a former division 1A football player and more recently a nationally competitive strongman this has worked the best for me.

I'll stand behind my previous comment regarding plateaus.
WHP East Track: 1:04.880, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:54.352
Road course laptimes for Porsche 911 991.1 GTS 7MT
WHP East Track: 1:02.770, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:48.889
Appreciate 0