E93DT
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Garage List
2009 E93 Cabrio  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N52B30 View Post
From my personal experience, the bluetooth interface was a great idea initially (they come standard in every model in Australia)... but after a month or so, I went back to using my trusted bluetooth earpiece...

- NO PRIVACY - when you're in the car with friends and your girlfriend calls, they will hear your conversation as it is broadcast through the speakers in the car. You cant just switch off the connection, you have to end the call and disconnect the 'paired device'.
- VOICE DISTORTION - people on the other side of the line sometimes have trouble hearing your voice especially if you have the speaker volume set to loud - the caller's voice goes back into the microphone (next to the sunroof switch) and that distorts the sound.
I ordered iDrive (Professional Nav Syste) with my car. But, some functions didn’t come with the system as N52B30 said. (Voice command, phone, USB, etc).

My one has internal harddisck. it allowed me upload song from cd/dvd through system menu. My iDrive cost HK$ 55,000 together with tax.
Yes, Bluetooth, voice command come with phone system and it cost around hk$ 18,000 additionally.
Appreciate 0