View Single Post
      07-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #902
alistairgd
Rep
Drives: E90 318 ES Edition Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattstorm View Post
Hi Alistairgd,

Your Engine is the N43 engine, same as the 320i its simply not tuned the same. ......

setting of in first gear, plenty of revs for moving off, bringing the clutch up and judder, judder, judder so dip clutch more revs,....

The position I was in was basically authorise a job that could cost me £1850 but it might be done under warranty, but untill we drop the box we don't know what the warranty will say!!
Oh I didn't know that about the N43.

Clutch, yeh same as mine, happens a fair bit when trying to slip 2nd gear too. Not mentioned it yet but will before warranty runs out.

Surprised at the catch 22 warranty situation they put you in. I would have expected them to investigate for no charge, report on the issue, then advise if it was covered or not. My dealer has basically said under the warranty period, anything goes, there will be no wear and tear nonsense - it's all covered.

That's a real bummer that you sold it and are still feeling the pain though.

On the coil issue and the short life span, a pal came up with what I thought was a good point, don't workshop repairs come with a guarantee period? And don't new parts (ie the coil), come with a guarantee period? Seems to me these coils could be replaced under one of those guarantees even outwith warranty....

The part numbers are def. the same as last year, he checked it in front of me on the computer.

Very disappointed with BMW here, looking towards Audi now....