Thread: Cayman S
View Single Post
      05-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #28
theoldblue
Rep
Drives: 335is

I have had BOTH

a Cayman and a 335is.

Both handle very well. The Cayman is far more sensitive and precise, however, which comes from being hundreds of pounds lighter. Acceleration is better as well [ditto on the weight].

I have the 335is convertible, with hard roof, which gives me year round satisfaction.

I like that I sit higher in the 335is, and at my 65 years, it's easier to get in
and out of. Also love the dual clutch transmission [you can get PDK in Porsche if you like], and there is more interior room, if less trunk room. [Would have the manual except for knee problems and pending surgery.] Both manuals are very good.

Steering is heavier and feels more artificial [no surprise if you have Porsche experience]. Exhaust sound at low rpm is better - none of that drone - but not as satisfying at higher rpm.

Brakes are good on both. Points to the Porsche for skipping the run flats.

I had no driveline problems at all on the Cayman nor on the 335is.

Both are great cars. Plus to the 335is if you want a year round convertible.

I take exception with the person who insulted the Cayman looks. Very, very sharp, and similar to my '55 550 spyder.

Also not every Tom, Dick and Harry has a Porsche. Get the coupe or the convertible to be at least a bit different.

And drive them, for goodness' sake !

mike

Last edited by theoldblue; 05-16-2012 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: clarify
Appreciate 0