View Single Post
      05-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #29
Propagator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i LMB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
What a ridiculous uneducated post. How different is that from each 3? They are all on same platform as M3. 335is only has 20 hp gain to keep it from encroaching on M3 handling/speed. Every car company has that. For a car that is so poorly designed as you imply, its done and continues to do very well around the world both on and off the track.
I don't know what you are smoking, but read the post that I was replying to. I was not talking about BMWs at all.

Unless you think the M3 is ass-engined.

P.S. I re-read your post. I guess you are saying that the relationship between the 335is and the M3 is the same as the relationship between the Cayman and the 911. Not quite. There is a significant difference between the Boxster/Cayman and the 911 in terms of weight distribution. Rear-midship is not the same thing as rear engined. And yes, the 911 is a very competent car, but much of its mystique drives from Porsche's ability to overcome an INHERENTLY UNBALANCED chassis to achieve such greatness. Is that impressive? Yes. Does that change the fact that having the entire engine hanging behind your rear axle isn't a great starting point for a purebred sports car? No. Given the same amount of power and similar tuning, I have no doubt that the Cayman will smoke a 911 in most tracks.

Last edited by Propagator; 05-16-2012 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 0