05-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #34
Php
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: CaymanS, used to be e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer206 View Post
agreed dont get cayman get carrera, cayman look weird and the exhaust in the center is gay
So you're calling a GT3 gay too?

I have a cayman S, traded in my e92 335 for it, so I may be a bit biased. But, at least I can say the Porsche has a whole lot less problems than all BMWs I've owned. I've had it for 18 months now and zero problems except a dead battery. Replaced with a bigger one from autozone myself for $120 bucks. Nothing else. BMWs have had all kinds of electronic problems, none major but kind of annoying.

But from a luxury standpoint, 335 is much better. Also the cayman has too much road noise, so it's kind of impossible to play some light piano music in the car while driving on the highway, which I love to do. You might want to take that into consideration. I heard the carreras are much better in this aspect.

I like carreras, and am thinking moving to one from the cayman in a year. However, I cannot disagree that the cayman will be the superior platform, and it will outrun t carrera if put into similar specs, including the GT3. Carrera is a great car, but the name is a big factor.
Appreciate 0