babino
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3 Comp

Garage List
2021 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
Hi All,

I thought I would check in to see how everyone was doing. Quite a few new members in the area which is great!

Also... I thought it would be prudent to let everyone know that my E90 (2011) sunroof literally exploded this past week while driving during in the morning on Bangerter Hwy and projected shattered glass EVERYWHERE inside and outside of the vehicle. Little and big chards covered the interior. All the windows were closed and the sunroof 'shutter' was open. Fortunately I was the only one in the car and was able to somewhat maintain my composure when the incident occurred. The car had been in the garage all morning and there were no cars anywhere in front of me to have thrown a rock... so it appears that it was the case of glass failure, or a random satellite component. If you do a quick search, you'll find that this isn't necessarily an anomaly with BMW's. It was quite an interesting experience and I'll forever be freaked out by the possibility of a repeat in the future. I'll definitely be putting some sort of film on it to prevent the shattering effect from happening again.

Has this happened to anyone else here?

Cheers-
Appreciate 0