Wang D.D.S.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 14' WRX, 15' W205

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaNo_F1 View Post
Hey man, I want to go this route for washing my car and just wondering how the process works. Ideally I'd like to take my own products and just use the water hose, can that be done and how much does it cost? How do you go about it?
I'm thinking about washing it myself but until I have my own house it wont happen so I want to try this option.

If anybody else has done this before feel free to chip in. Thanks!
When you pull into the car wash stall (not sure how you call it), it's equipped with a wash gun on one side of the wall and a bubble wash brush on the other side. The machine is coin-operated and you pay with quarters, there are change machines on-site so just bring some dollar bills. I think I spent maybe $4.25 that day and that's mainly because I had to wait a little for the soap to break into the dust on the wheels. And even after the damn wait, them wheels are not where I want them to be.... oh well.

After that I pulled out the car and wipe them down outside of the stall. You can then do your thing, clay/wax/polish etc...... Be prepared though, one of your towel will become black and dirty after wiping down them wheels. I normally can avoid that if I have a no-rush water source so I can wash the wheels thoroughly, but out here you can forget it.

Oh by the way I would apply the wheel soap before hosing down the bubble wash, I tend to forget that for some reason.