View Single Post
      05-27-2011, 04:15 AM   #888
Mattstorm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i Sport F20

From my experience it looks like it was the COIL all along, despite the injector being the most expensive component out of the 3 they change. I think the COIL issue can damage the injectors and plug which is why they change the lot per cylinder when a problem occurs but initially I think its the COIL which has been the problem. To be honest after my experince and if you read my story and Jotty's story, we had very similar sets of events at the same time which basically points to..... Get them all changed if you can. There is hope though that after all this time since this thread was started there may be light at the end of the tunnel and for those of us who have bought into it recently we may be lucky that our horror stories have been short lived as hopefully the issue is now solved. I hope so as I would like to enjoy this car for the next 2 or 3 years. As we both live in Cheshire, if you see a space grey 57 plate coupe at the side of the road with the hazards on it might be me lol! although hopefully not now I've had all 4 done!
Appreciate 0