View Single Post
      06-03-2011, 07:02 AM   #890
Stu667
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 320D F30

Well one week after having an injector/coil replaced the warning light has come on again and the car has started pulling. Must admit it was one week of pure driving bliss, the car performed better than ever, MPGs as advertised and then yesterday coming down the motorway in cruise control I noticed the engine management light had come on. No pulling or jerking at that point so I was secretly hoping it was something else but the wife reports today it is back to its old ways.

That's three injectors in the space of a month so far. BMW were great on the phone, the chap we spoke to said it was a very well known problem with this model and told us that they tend to fail in quick succession but the replacement parts cure the problem so it won't come back. Then gave the usual about BMW policy being not to replace them all in one go.

They are collecting the car a week on Wednesday, we've told them we're not wasting any more petrol driving it to them every five minutes.

I'm praying the new parts will solve this once and for all. Three down, one to go. If it doesn't then I'm gonna get medieval on BMW's ass!
Appreciate 0