09-26-2008, 08:37 PM   #7
Danny271
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianBullet View Post
I've started a thread trying to compare the 4 popular stock 335s to each other, 335i/335xi(6MT/6AT): http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173440

Please post any decent times- and yours is pretty good, congrats!- in this thread. I hope it will be a sticky if we can get some times together without starting a pissing contest over which model is better.

My goal is to just let the facts speak for themselves so people can get an idea of what each base model's strengths and weaknesses are.

BTW, how did you do think you did on shifting? Did you finish in 3rd? Did the 1-2 shift or 2-3 shift give you any problems?

Your 60ft/ET/mph all look pretty good to me for someone who claims to not have track experience with a 6MT. I'm sure you'll do a better in time if you stay stock long enough.

FWIW it looks like the fastest 335Is are running around 13.3@104mph so you're doing good considering the weight difference of the XI.

thanks and nice numbers!

BB
It's funny that you ask how the shifting went. I shifted exactly at redline, in 1st and 2nd gear. BUT...the car bogged after I shifted in both gears. It was very weird, and I have no doubt in my mind that it would've been a low 13 second pass if it didn't bog during the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. I crossed the finish line at the VERY top of 3rd on both passes I made.

If the weather holds out on Sunday, I will be making a 2nd appearance at the track.

I'll post up my times to your thread after I make my next set of passes. The hunt for 12s in stock form continues!!
Appreciate 0